Updated:March 22, 2022
What protections can I get in an Elderly Persons and Persons with Disabilities Act order?
In a civil action for abuse, the judge can:
- order the abuser to move out of a jointly owned or rented home (and that a peace officer accompany the abuser while s/he is removing personal property from the shared home);
- order the abuser to stay away from any premises where the victim may be found;
- order the abuser to stop abusing, intimidating, or molesting the victim;
- order the abuser to return custody or control of the money or property of the victim;
- prohibit the abuser from transferring the money or property of the victim to anyone; and/or
- order the abuser to pay the victim’s legal fees.1
1 O.R.S. §§ 124.020(1),(2); 124.015(2)(b)
Did you find this information helpful?