Updated:March 22, 2022
What is the legal definition of “abuse” for purposes of getting this order?
For the purpose of this section, Oregon state law defines “abuse” as:
- physical injury or pain;
- neglect that leads to physical harm;
- name-calling, harassment, threats, and inappropriate sexual comments that threaten the emotional or physical wellbeing of the victim;
- taking or threatening to take property or money rightfully belonging to the victim;
- sexual contact with an elderly or disabled person who is unable able to consent; or
- causing any sweepstakes promotions to be mailed an elderly or disabled person when that person spent over $500 on sweepstakes promotions the year before, and court assistance is needed to prevent the person from spending more money.1
1 O.R.S. § 124.005(1)
Did you find this information helpful?