WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Oregon

Restraining Orders

View all
Laws current as of December 5, 2023

My guardian filed an action on my behalf without my agreement. Is there anything I can do?

If your guardian filed for a petition an Elderly Persons and Persons with Disabilities Abuse Prevention Act (“EPPDAPA”) order without your consent, you can try to fight against the action by doing any or all of the following:

  • get a lawyer;
  • request a copy of your personal records;
  • file legal objections to it;
  • request a hearing; and
  • present witnesses and evidence at the hearing.1

To find a lawyer in your area, go to our OR Finding a Lawyer page.

1 O.R.S. § 124.010(7)