Legal Information: Oregon
Oregon Restraining Orders
Laws current as of March 26, 2018
A restraining order or protective order is a legal order issued by a state court that requires one person to stop harming another. In Oregon, there are several types of orders including:
- Family abuse prevention act restraining orders;
- Stalking protection orders;
- Sexual abuse protective orders;
- Restraining orders for the elderly or disabled;
- Extreme risk protection orders (to remove firearms).
© 2008–2019 WomensLaw.org is a project of the National Network to End Domestic Violence, Inc. All rights reserved. This website is funded in part through a grant from the Office for Victims of Crime, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice. Neither the U.S. Department of Justice nor any of its components operate, control, are responsible for, or necessarily endorse, this website (including, without limitation, its content, technical infrastructure, and policies, and any services or tools provided). NNEDV is a 501©(3) non-profit organization; EIN 52-1973408.