WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Nevada

Restraining Orders

View all
January 9, 2024

For what crimes can I get an order for protection of children?

If you are the parent or guardian of a child (under age 18), you can file for an “order for protection of children” if you reasonably believe that an adult (18 or older) has committed a crime involving one or more of the following:

  • Physical injury to the child that did not happen by accident (non-accidental),
  • Non-accidental mental injury to the child,
  • Sexual abuse of the child, or
  • Sexual exploitation of the child.1

1 N.R.S. § 33.400(1)