WomensLaw is not just for women. We serve and support all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Kansas

Restraining Orders

View all
January 17, 2019

Can a minor file for an order?

If a minor was abused, the following people can file a petition for a protection from abuse order on behalf of a minor child:

  • the minor’s parent;
  • an adult who lives with the minor child;
  • the minor’s court-appointed legal custodian; or
  • the minor’s court-appointed legal guardian.1

1 Kan. Stat. § 60-3104(b)