WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Kansas

Restraining Orders

View all
Laws current as of November 15, 2023

I was granted temporary custody with my PFA. Will I still have temporary custody of my children in Kansas?

As long as the child custody provision complies with certain federal laws,1 Kansas can enforce a temporary custody order that is a part of a protection order. However, before leaving the state that issued the order, you should talk to an attorney to make sure that moving out of your state would not violate any custodial interference laws or any court rules regarding moving out of state.

To have someone read over your order and tell you if it meets these standards, contact a lawyer in your area. To find a lawyer in your area click here KS Finding a Lawyer.

1 The federal laws are the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Act (UCCJA) or the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act