Legal Information: Kansas

Restraining Orders

View all
June 21, 2021

Do I need a special copy of my PFA to it enforced?

In some states, you will need a certified copy of your PFA. A certified copy says that it is a “true and correct” copy; it is signed and initialed by the clerk of court that gave you the order, and usually has some kind of court stamp on it. In Kansas, a certified order has a stamped seal on it. You may want to get several copies of the order to leave in different places, such as work and home. There may or may not be a small fee for additional copies, depending on the issuing county.

Note: It is a good idea to keep a copy of the order with you at all times. You will also want to bring several copies of the order with you when you move. Leave copies of the order at your work place, at your home, at the children’s school or daycare, in your car, with a sympathetic neighbor, and so on. Give a copy to the security guard or person at the front desk where you live and/or work. Give a copy of the order to anyone who is named in and protected by the order.

WomensLaw is not just for women. We serve and support all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.