WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Missouri

Restraining Orders

View all
Laws current as of January 1, 2024

Do I need a lawyer to enforce my order of protection?

You do not need a lawyer to get your order of protection enforced in another state. However, you may want to get help from a local domestic violence advocate or attorney in the state that you move to. A domestic violence advocate may be able to let you know what the advantages and disadvantages are for registering your order. S/he may also be able to help you through the process if you decide to do so. To find a domestic violence advocate or an attorney in the state you are moving to, please go to the Places that Help page, then choose your new state from the drop-down menu.