WomensLaw is not just for women. We serve and support all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Important: Even if courts are closed, you can still file for a protection order and other emergency relief. See our FAQ on Courts and COVID-19.

Legal Information: North Carolina

Restraining Orders

View all
February 6, 2020

Civil No-Contact Orders for Victims of Registered Sex Offenders ("50D orders")

A civil no-contact order for victims of registered sex offenders (“50D order”), provides life-long protection from an abuser who was convicted of a crime that requires registration on the sex offender registry.