WomensLaw sirve y apoya a todas las personas sobrevivientes sin importar su sexo o género.

Información Legal: Hawái

Restraining Orders

Ver Todo
Leyes actualizadas al 11 de enero de 2024

What happens to my injunction against harassment if I move?

If you move within Hawaii, your injunction will still be valid.  You may want to contact your local law enforcement to let them know about the injunction against harassment and that you have moved to a new area.  You may also want to call the court where you originally received the injunction to tell them your new address so that they can contact you if necessary.

Additionally, the federal law provides what is called “full faith and credit,” which means that once you have a criminal or civil protection order, it follows you wherever you go, including U.S. Territories and tribal lands.1  Different states have different rules for enforcing out-of-state protection orders.  You can find out about your state’s policies by contacting a domestic violence program, the clerk of court, or the prosecutor in your area.

If you are moving out of state, you may want to contact a lawyer in that new state who can give you information about how that state treats out-of state orders.  For information on lawyers in the area, please see our Hawaii Finding a Lawyer page and select the new state to which you will be moving.  If you are moving to a new state, you may also call the National Center on Protection Orders and Full Faith & Credit (1-800-903-0111 x 2) for information on enforcing your order there.

Note: For information on enforcing a military protective order (MPO) off the military installation, or enforcing a civil protection order (CPO) on a military installation, please see our Military Protective Orders page.

1 18 USC § 2265