WomensLaw sirve y apoya a todas las personas sobrevivientes sin importar su sexo o género.

Información Legal: Hawái

Restraining Orders

Ver Todo
Leyes actualizadas al 11 de enero de 2024

Can I have my out-of-state protection order changed, extended, or canceled in Hawaii?

Generally, only the state that issued your order for protection can change, extend, or cancel the order. To have your order changed, extended, or canceled, you will have to file a motion or petition in the court where the order was issued. You would likely have to attend a hearing but you may be able to ask if you can attend by electronic means. To find out more information about how to modify a restraining order, see our Restraining Orders page for the state where your order was issued by entering your state in the drop-down list.

If your order does expire while you are living in Hawaii, you may be able to get a new one issued in Hawaii, but this may be difficult to do if no new incidents of abuse have occurred in Hawaii.  To find out more information on how to get an order for protection in Hawaii, visit our Orders for Protection due to Domestic Abuse (Family Court) page.