Legal Information: Pennsylvania

Restraining Orders

View all
November 4, 2022

I was granted temporary custody with my PFA. Will another state enforce this custody order?

Yes. Custody, visitation, and child support provisions that are included in a PFA can be enforced across state lines. Federal law requires courts and law enforcement officials in other states to enforce these provisions.1

1 18 U.S.C. § 2266

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.