WomensLaw is not just for women. We serve and support all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Important: Even if courts are closed, you can still file for a protection order and other emergency relief. See our FAQ on Courts and COVID-19.

Legal Information: Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Custody

View all
Laws current as of
February 5, 2020


Please consider getting help from a legal organization in your area before proceeding with court action regarding custody issues. You can visit PA Places that Help for local resources and legal assistance. In our general Custody page, we have information about custody that is not specific to any state. The page includes a section about how to try to transfer your custody case to a new state where you are living so that you can modify the custody order from your new state.