WomensLaw is not just for women. We serve and support all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Important: Even if courts are closed, you can still file for a protection order and other emergency relief. See our FAQ on Courts and COVID-19.

Legal Information: Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico Restraining Orders

View all
Laws current as of
December 13, 2019

Restraining Orders

A restraining order or protective order is a legal order issued by a state court which requires one person to stop harming another. In Puerto Rico, there are protection orders for domestic violence, protection from stalking orders, orders of protection for the welfare and protection of children, and orders of protection for the elderly.