Legal Information: Minnesota

Restraining Orders

View all
May 10, 2022

In which county can I file for an order for protection?

You can file for an order of protection in any county where either you or the abuser lives, where the abuse happened, or where there is/was a family court proceeding involving you and the abuser or a child you have with the abuser (for example, a custody/visitation case).1

1 Minn. Stat. § 518B.01(3)

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.