Legal Information: Minnesota

Restraining Orders

View all
May 10, 2022

Can I get someone to help me? Do I need a lawyer?

You do not need a lawyer to get your OFP enforced in another state.

However, you may want to get help from a local domestic violence advocate or attorney in the state that you move to. A domestic violence advocate can let you know what the advantages and disadvantages are for registering your OFP, and help you through the process if you decide to do so.

To find a domestic violence advocate or an attorney in the state you are moving to please visit Places that Help page and select the state you are moving to.

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.