Legal Information: Minnesota

Restraining Orders

View all
October 5, 2022

Do I need anything special to get my order for protection enforced in another state?

In some states, you will need a certified copy of your order for protection. A certified copy says that it is a “true and correct” copy; it is signed and initialed by the clerk of court that gave you the order, and usually has some kind of court stamp on it.  If the copy you originally received was not a certified copy, you can return to the courthouse and ask the clerk for a certified copy.  

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.