Legal Information: Florida

Restraining Orders

View all
November 10, 2017

Step 1: Go to the courthouse and get the necessary forms.

You can file a petition for an injunction for protection against stalking in the circuit court located in the circuit where you currently live (even if it’s only a temporary residence), where the respondent lives, or where the stalking occurred.*  Go to the clerk's office to get the forms that you need.  To look for the location of the courthouse near you, go to our FL Courthouse Locations page.

* Fla. Stat. § 784.0485(1)(f)