WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Florida

Restraining Orders

View all
Laws current as of October 6, 2023

Can my injunction be extended, changed, or dismissed?

Either you or the respondent can file in court at any time to change (modify) or dismiss (dissolve) the injunction.1 To extend your injunction, before the order expires you can file a motion for extension and indicate if you want the order to be extended for a specific period of time or until it is “modified or dissolved” by the court.2 The judge will decide, after hearing both sides, whether or not to take the action requested.

1 Fla. Stat. § 784.0485(6)(b), (10)
2 See Form 12.980(i), Motion for Extension