Legal Information: Florida

Restraining Orders

View all
June 18, 2021

Do I need to tell the court in Florida if I move?

Yes. The court needs to have an address they can reach you at if anything happens in your case. For example, if the abuser asks the court to dismiss the protective order, the court needs your address to let you know this is happening.

Your new address should be kept confidential by the court. You can fill out form 12.980h: Petitioner’s Request for Confidential Filing of Address. The clerk of court’s office should have this form available for you to fill out. It is also available on the Florida Courts website here.

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.