Legal Information: Federal


View all
August 15, 2022

Can I get lawful permanent residence through VAWA self-petitioning?

Eventually you may be able to get lawful permanent residence (a “green card”), but you have to get through filing the VAWA self-petition first. Once your self-petition is approved, there are several factors that will determine when you can apply for lawful permanent residence. See If my self-petition is approved, when can I apply for lawful permanent residence (green card)? for more information.

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.