WomensLaw is not just for women. We serve and support all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Important: Even if courts are closed, you can still file for a protection order and other emergency relief. See our FAQ on Courts and COVID-19.
Let us know: How can WomensLaw better serve you during these difficult times?

Legal Information: Connecticut

Restraining Orders

View all
November 2, 2019

Restraining Orders (Relief from Abuse Orders)

A restraining order (also known as a relief from abuse order) is a civil order that protects you from abuse by a current or former family or household member.