Legal Information: Connecticut

Restraining Orders

View all
December 28, 2022

Can I restrict who has access to my personal information in the Connecticut protection order registry?

If you have a protection order in the registry, you can request in writing that your name and address not be given out to anyone, except for the law enforcement agency in the town where you reside, the town where you work, or the town where the abuser lives.

To do this, you must file a Request for nondisclosure of information in protection order registry, form JD-CL-80 at the superior court in your district. This can be done when you are registering your order or after you have registered.

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.