Legal Information: Louisiana

Restraining Orders

View all
November 21, 2023

Can the court clerk help me with the paperwork?

The clerk of the court will give you the forms you need, inform you about the process of filing, and provide you with access to the notary to complete the affidavit that is needed for your petition.1 However, they cannot help you fill out the forms.

For help with filling out the forms, you can contact a sexual assault advocate.2 To find a sexual assault center and advocates in your area, you can visit the Louisiana Foundation Against Sexual Assault site.

1 LA R.S. § 46:2186(A)
2 LA R.S. § 46:2186(B), (C)

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.