Legal Information: Oklahoma

Restraining Orders

View all
November 18, 2022

What happens if I move?

Your stalking protection order is good everywhere in the state of Oklahoma and in all other states.1 Federal law provides what is called “full faith and credit,” which means that once you have a criminal or civil protection order, it follows you wherever you go, including U.S. Territories and tribal lands.2

For information about enforcing out-of-state protection orders, you can call the National Center on Protection Orders and Full Faith & Credit (1-800-903-0111 x 2).

Note: For information on enforcing a military protective order (MPO) off the military installation, or enforcing a civil protection order (CPO) on a military installation, please see our Military Protective Orders page

1 22 O.S. § 60.7
2 18 U.S.C. § 2265(a), (b)

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.