WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Oklahoma

Restraining Orders

View all
Laws current as of July 3, 2024

How do I change or extend the protective order?

Only a judge can modify (change) or extend a protection order. If you want to change the terms of your order, you will have to go back to the court where the order was issued, and file a motion to modify the order with the clerk of court. The stalker will then be served with a copy of the papers you file and will have the opportunity to be present at the court hearing where the judge will decide whether or not to change it.1

If you would like to extend your protection order, remember to file a motion at the court before the original order expires.

1 22 O.S. § 60.4(G)(3)