Legal Information: Guam

Restraining Orders

View all
December 7, 2022

Step 1: Go to the superior court and fill out the forms.

Go to the courthouse to fill out and file the appropriate forms.  ​To find the contact information for the superior court, go to our GU Courthouse Locations page. You can ask the court clerk for the forms but if you want to look at the forms ahead of time, go to our GU Download Court Forms page.  On the forms, you will be the “petitioner” and the abuser will be the “respondent.”  Write briefly about the most recent incidents of violence, using descriptive language - words like “slapping,” hitting,” “grabbing,” threatening,” etc. - that fits your situation. Include details and dates, if possible.

If you have trouble filling out the forms, you may want to ask an advocate at a local domestic violence organization or you can consult with an attorney.  To find help in your area, go to our GU Places that Help page.  

Remember to bring some form of personal identification (a driver’s license or other identification that includes your picture) in case you need to show it to the court clerk when you sign the forms.

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.