WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Guam

Restraining Orders

View all
Laws current as of October 31, 2023

Can I change, extend, or cancel the order of protection?

If you wish to change, extend, or cancel your order, you can file a Petition/Motion to Dismiss, Extend, or Modify Other Conditions of Order Of Protection. The court will set a date for a hearing and the abuser will be served with a copy of the motion and a request to be present. You must attend this hearing and tell the judge why the change, extension, or cancelation is necessary.

If you want to extend your restraining order, you must file the motion to extend the order before your original order expires. A judge may extend your order for one year but you can file for an extension more than once.1

1 MR 2.1.3.(B)(5); 7 Guam Code § 40105(b)