Legal Information: Guam

Restraining Orders

View all
December 7, 2022

How do I register my protection order in Guam?

A certified copy of a protection or restraining order from another state can be filed with the Clerk of the superior court in Guam. It is then treated and filed like any order issued by a court in Guam. 1

You may want to call the clerk of court in Guam to find out what documentation they need so that you can file your order with the superior court.

If you need help registering your protection order, you can contact a local domestic violence organization in Guam for assistance. You can find contact information for organizations in your area here on our GU Advocates and Shelters page.

1 19 G.C.A. § 14105(a)

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.