WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Guam

Restraining Orders

View all
Laws current as of October 31, 2023

Who can get an order of protection?

You can get an order of protection against a “family or household member” who has committed acts of domestic abuse against you. Family or household members include adult or minors who are:

  • your current or former spouse;
  • a person with whom you live currently or have lived in the past;
  • a person you are dating or have dated;
  • a person with whom you have had a sexual relationship;
  • a person to whom you are related by blood or adoption to the fourth degree of affinity;
  • a person to whom you are/were related by marriage;
  • a person with whom you have a child in common; and
  • a minor child of a person in a relationship described above.1

Note: You can file the petition for yourself, your minor child, or on behalf of another person as long as you have personal knowledge that this person has been abused. Also, an adult household member can file for an order on behalf of a minor child in the household.2

1 7 Guam Code § 40101(d)
2 7 Guam Code § 40103