WomensLaw is not just for women. We serve and support all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Important: Even if courts are closed, you can still file for a protection order and other emergency relief. See our FAQ on Courts and COVID-19.

Legal Information: District of Columbia

District of Columbia Restraining Orders

View all
Laws current as of
November 1, 2019

Restraining Orders

This section has information about civil protection orders and extreme risk protection orders.