WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Alabama

Restraining Orders

View all
September 1, 2023

How do I change my PFA order?

If you want to change (modify) your protection from abuse order, you would fill out the same form as you did during your original application, entitled “Petition for Protection from Abuse.” There is a space on page two to check off that you are requesting a “change in a current protection order.”1 You cannot be charged a fee to file a modification petition.2 

1 See Petition for Protection from Abuse on the Alabama Courts website
2 Ala. Code § 30-5-5(g)(1)