Legal Information: Alabama

Restraining Orders

View all
February 11, 2022

Can I get someone to help me?  Do I need a lawyer?

You do not need a lawyer to get your protection order enforced in another state.

However, you may want to get help from a local domestic violence advocate or attorney in the state that you move to.  A domestic violence advocate can let you know what the advantages and disadvantages are for registering your protection order, and help you through the process if you decide to do so.

To find a domestic violence advocate or an attorney in the state you are moving to, select your state from the Places that Help page and choose Advocates and Shelters and/or Finding a Lawyer under that state.

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.