Legal Information: Alabama

Alabama Custody

Laws current as of
January 3, 2019


This section has information about custody in Alabama, including the definitions of legal and physical custody, the factors a judge will consider when deciding custody, how the custody process works, and how to notify the other parent if you want to move out of state with your children.