Sec. 18.65.705. Qualifications to obtain a permit
A person is qualified to receive and hold a permit to carry a concealed handgun if the person
(1) is 21 years of age or older;
(2) is eligible to own or possess a handgun under the laws of this state and under federal law;
(3) is a resident of the state and has been for the 90 days immediately preceding the application for a permit;
(4) has not been convicted of two or more class A misdemeanors of this state or similar laws of another jurisdiction within the six years immediately preceding the application;
(5) is not now in and has not in the three years immediately preceding the application been ordered by a court to complete an alcohol or substance abuse treatment program; and
(6) has successfully completed a handgun course as provided in AS 18.65.715.