WomensLaw sirve y apoya a todas las personas sobrevivientes sin importar su sexo o género.

Información Legal: Iowa

Restraining Orders

Ver Todo
Leyes actualizadas al 3 de noviembre de 2023

Can I change, extend, or cancel my order?

You can file a “Request to Modify, Cancel, or Extend a Sexual Abuse Final Protective Order” in court and the judge will set a hearing date where both you and the abuser can present evidence.

If you are asking the judge to extend the order, s/he can extend it for up to one year is s/he finds that the abuser still poses a threat to your safety, the safety of someone who lives with you, or the safety of members in your immediate family. The abuser must have a chance to participate in a hearing on your request to extend the order. The judge can grant as many extensions as s/he finds necessary.1

1 IA ST § 236A.7(2)