WomensLaw sirve y apoya a todas las personas sobrevivientes sin importar su sexo o género.

Información Legal: Iowa

Restraining Orders

Ver Todo
Leyes actualizadas al 3 de noviembre de 2023

How do I change, extend, or dismiss my order?

To change (modify), extend, or dismiss your order, go back to the court where you got it and file a petition with the clerk. You must fill out the “Request to Modify, Cancel, or Extend Protective Order” form and submit it to the court before your first order expires.  A judge will set your case down for a hearing where both you and the abuser can attend and present evidence.

If you are requesting an extension, the judge can extend your order for up to one year if you prove that the defendant continues to pose a threat to your safety, or the safety an immediate family member or anyone who lives with you. You may have an order renewed more than once.1

1 IA ST § 236.2