As used in ORS 166.525 to 166.543:
(1) “Deadly weapon” means:
(a) Any instrument, article or substance specifically designed for and presently capable of causing death or serious physical injury; or
(b) A firearm, whether loaded or unloaded.
(2) “Family or household member” means a spouse, intimate partner, mother, father, child or sibling of the respondent, or any person living within the same household as the respondent.
(3) “Gun dealer” has the meaning given that term in ORS 166.412.
(4) “Law enforcement agency” means an agency or department of the State of Oregon or of a political subdivision of the State of Oregon whose principal function is the apprehension of criminal offenders.
(5) “Law enforcement officer” means a member of the Oregon State Police, a sheriff, a municipal police officer or an authorized tribal police officer as defined in ORS 181A.680.
(6) “Petitioner” means a person who petitions for an order under ORS 166.525 to 166.543.
(7) “Respondent” means a person against whom an order is filed under ORS 166.525 to 166.543.