125B.085 Order for support to include provision regarding medical support for child
1. Except as otherwise provided in NRS 125B.012, every court order for the support of a child issued or modified in this State on or after June 2, 2007, must include a provision specifying that one or both parents are required to provide medical support for the child and any details relating to that requirement.
2. As used in this section, “medical support” includes, without limitation, coverage for health care under a plan of insurance that is reasonable in cost and accessible, including, without limitation, the payment of any premium, copayment or deductible and the payment of medical expenses. For the purpose of this subsection:
(a) Payments of cash for medical support or the costs of coverage for health care under a plan of insurance are “reasonable in cost” if:
(1) In the case of payments of cash for medical support, the cost to each parent who is responsible for providing medical support is not more than 5 percent of the gross monthly income of the parent; or
(2) In the case of the costs of coverage for health care under a plan of insurance, the cost of adding a dependent child to any existing coverage for health care or the difference between individual and family coverage, whichever is less, is not more than 5 percent of the gross monthly income of the parent.
(b) Coverage for health care under a plan of insurance is “accessible” if the plan:
(1) Is not limited to coverage within a geographical area; or
(2) Is limited to coverage within a geographical area and the child resides within that geographical area.