Legal Information: Iowa

Restraining Orders

View all
October 29, 2021

Can I get a sexual abuse restraining order against a minor?

Yes. However, the case will be heard in juvenile court instead of the district court.1 You may want to contact the district court before filing to check if you would file your petition in district court or in juvenile court.

1 IA ST § 236A.3(4)

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.