Legal Information: Iowa

Restraining Orders

View all
November 3, 2023

Step 1: Go to court and request a petition.

Go to the courthouse in your county or the county where the abuser lives.  Find the office of the Clerk of Court. Tell them that you are there to file a petition for a temporary and permanent protection order.  You can find a court near you by going to our IA Courthouse Locations page.  You can also find links to petitions online by going to our IA Download Court Forms page.

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.