Legal Information: Delaware

Restraining Orders

View all
September 13, 2023

What happens if I move?

Your order of protection from abuse is good no matter where you go in your state. In addition, it can be enforced even if you move to another state. If you move, your order must be given full faith and credit in any other state, territorial or tribal court.1 This means that your order will be good wherever you go.

Note: For information on enforcing a military protection order (MPO) off the military installation or enforcing a civil protection order (CPO) on a military installation, please see our Military Protective Orders page.

1 18 U.S.C. §§ 2265; 2266
2 10 Del. C. § 1049B

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.