WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: Delaware

Restraining Orders

View all
Laws current as of March 26, 2024

How do I register my out-of-state protection order in Delaware?

To register a protection order that was issued in another state, a U.S. territory, or in Canada, bring a certified copy of your order and a letter requesting the order be registered to your local Family Court. You may be asked to file an affidavit that says that to the best of your knowledge, the order has not expired. There is no fee for registration.1 To find you local Family Court, see our DE Courthouse Locations page.

If you need help registering your protection order, you can contact a local domestic violence organization in Delaware for assistance. You can find contact information for organizations in your area here on our DE Advocates and Shelters page located on the Places that Help tab on the top of this page.

1 10 Del. Code §§ 1049D; 1049K