Legal Information: Colorado

Restraining Orders

View all
June 17, 2021

Can I file to modify the terms or length of my order or cancel it?

Yes. To change the terms of your order, you must file with the court where you originally obtained the protection order.1 For instructions on how to file a motion to modify/dismiss a protection order, you can go to the CO Courts website.

1 See Colo. Rev. Stat. § 13-14-108(2)(a), (3)(a)(II), (4)

WomensLaw is not just for women. We serve and support all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.