WomensLaw is not just for women. We serve and support all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Important: Some courts are hearing cases virtually due to COVID. See our FAQ on Courts and COVID-19.

Legal Information: Arizona

Restraining Orders

View all
October 28, 2020

Do I need to tell the court in Arizona if I move?

It is up to you whether you tell the court that gave you your order of protection that you are moving. If you want them to have a current mailing address for you on file, you will have to go through a modification procedure. A “modification procedure” means that you will have to file a new petition and appear before the commissioner again. The abuser will be given notice, and therefore s/he will know that you are moving.