Legal Information: New Hampshire

Restraining Orders

View all
August 10, 2023

Step 1: Get the necessary forms.

To start your case, you will need to fill out the necessary forms for a protective order.

You can find the forms from the civil clerk at the courthouse in the county/district where you live or where the abuser lives.  You can find the address for the courthouse on our NH Courthouse Locations page.  Some people choose to download the forms first and fill them out at home or with an advocate from a domestic violence organization or shelter.  You will find links to forms online on the NH Download Court Forms page.

Most shelters and other domestic violence organizations can provide support for you while you fill out these papers and go to court. To find a shelter or an advocate at a local program, please visit the NH Advocates and Shelters page under the Places that Help tab at the top of this page.

WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.