WomensLaw serves and supports all survivors, no matter their sex or gender.

Legal Information: New Hampshire

Restraining Orders

View all
August 10, 2023

Can I get someone to help me through this process?  Do I need a lawyer?

You do not need a lawyer to get your protective order enforced in another state.  

However, you may want to get help from an advocate at a local domestic violence program or an attorney in the state that you move to.  A domestic violence advocate can let you know what the advantages and disadvantages are for registering your protective order, and help you through the process if you decide to do so.  

To find a program and legal aid in your area that may be able to help you please visit our NH Places that Help page located on the top of this page.