Where can I find additional information about sexual assault?
To read more about sexual assault, you can go to our Learn about Abuse page. If you have been sexually assaulted, there are several places you may call for help:
- Rape Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN) at 1-800-656-HOPE (4673). Free, confidential, 24 hrs.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787-3244 (TTY) for support, shelter, or services. Free, confidential, 24 hrs.
- If you know a child who is being abused or neglected call the Childhelp USA National Child Abuse Hotline for advice and information. This is not the same as reporting the abuse - the purpose is to give you information on options. 1-800-4-A-CHILD (422-4453) Free, confidential, 24 hrs.
- For stalking, call the National Center for Victims of Crime Stalking Resource Center at 1-800- FYI-CALL (394-2255) M-F, 8:30 am- 8:30 pm EST or visit their website.
- For help with legal information, contact Email Hotline at WomensLaw.org