§ 3-809. Revenge porn prohibited
(a)(1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
(2) “Intimate parts” means the naked genitals, pubic area, buttocks, or female nipple.
(3) “Sexual contact” means sexual intercourse, including genital-genital, oral-genital, anal-genital, or oral-anal, whether between persons of the same or opposite sex.
Application of section
(b)(1) This section does not apply to:
(i) lawful and common practices of law enforcement, the reporting of unlawful conduct, or legal proceedings; or
(ii) situations involving voluntary exposure in public or commercial settings.
(2) An interactive computer service, as defined in 47 U.S.C. § 230(f)(2), is not liable under this section for content provided by another person.
Internet placement of photograph, film, videotape, or recording which exposes of intimate parts of another
(c) A person may not intentionally cause serious emotional distress to another by intentionally placing on the Internet a photograph, film, videotape, recording, or any other reproduction of the image of the other person that reveals the identity of the other person with his or her intimate parts exposed or while engaged in an act of sexual contact:
(1) knowing that the other person did not consent to the placement of the image on the Internet; and
(2) under circumstances in which the other person had a reasonable expectation that the image would be kept private.
Fines or imprisonment for violation of section
(d) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 2 years or a fine not exceeding $5,000 or both.